By Giorgio Tani (Open Source)
PeaZip is a free cross-platform file archiver that provides an unified portable GUI for many Open Source technologies like 7-Zip, FreeArc, PAQ, UPX...
Create 7Z, ARC, BZ2, GZ, *PAQ, PEA, QUAD/BALZ, TAR, UPX, WIM, XZ, ZIP files
Open and extract over 150 archive types: ACE, ARJ, CAB, DMG, ISO, LHA, RAR, UDF, ZIPX files and more...
Features of PeaZip includes extract, create and convert multiple archives at once, create self-extracting archives, split/join files, strong encryption with two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure deletion, find duplicate files, calculate hashes, export job definition as script.
While installing, if ask for install any thirdparty Addon ,toolbars or change browser settings user can skip or select a custom install.
Title : peazip5.9.0
Filename : peazip-5.9.0.WINDOWS.exe
File size : 6.4435M
Requirements : Windows (All Versions)
Languages : Multiple languages
License : Open Source
Date added : 2015-12-08
Author : Giorgio Tani
- (Windows) 7z 15.12
- (Linux) p7zip 15.09
- PeaZip can now extract RAR5 files on Linux without resorting on separate UNRAR5 Plugin (still available as optional alternative extraction engine) Pea 0.52
- Improved UTF-8 support in Windows
- Improved application startup and configuration process to make it more robust in case of random / system errors last good configuration is saved and automatically used as first restore attempt if configuration fails to load if configuration errors are detected anyway, volatile mode (using embedded configuration) is automatically activated
# FILE MANAGER
- Improved secure delete, free space delete, and hashing / analysis functions operations can be stopped by users more information and is shown while running the task and progress is more accurate, based on input size more information is provided by hashing / analysis tool for each subdirectory it is reported the content in files, folders and bytes (hinting possible duplicate directories) first / last 32 bytes of files are shown for a quick preview (for hashing and content preview modes) report can be sorted for any column and can be exported to tabbed txt or to csv
- File hashing / analysis tools added in Test dropdown group in application tool bar
# EXTRACTION and ARCHIVING
- Automatically removes redundant intermediate directory when extracting to new folder for better visibility option is also shown in main extraction form and in Extract dropdown group (in application tool bar)
# LINUX INSTALLERS
- Moved various backend (arc, lpaq, paq, zpaq, quad, and upx) into Optional Formats plugin, in order to reduce dependencies the main software package needs to satisfy to install (not needed by Portable versions).